WINTER SOLSTICE TEACHING & CEREMONY CIRCLE 2020
Grandmother Medicine Song is inviting our Circling Community to come together and join her LIVE for a Ceremonial teaching on the Winter Solstice.
For the Hopi, the Winter Solstice is called the Soyal time. Soyal is the ceremony practiced by the Hopi that is intended to establish the mood for the coming year. Preparation for Soyal begins the day following the New Fire Ceremony and lasts until the actual Soyal Ceremony (usually around the date of the Winter Solstice).
The arrival of the Soyal at winter solstice opens the Kachina season on Third Mesa every year. The Soyal Kachina emerges from the kiva and walks slowly, as if very old or just awakened from a long sleep. Soyal stumbles and weaves while the people reach out to help him. He sings in a low, weak voice as he sprinkles cornmeal and places pahos at the kiva.
Because we are facing an unprecedented health crisis that has dramatically changed our daily lives, Grandmother Medicine Song offers thoughts on things you can do to help yourself and others stay in balance and points to some of the very positive things that are happening as well. Her thoughts are inspiring and hopeful.
Please join us during this time of Ceremony. Thank you so much for your assistance in this sacred turning of the wheel.
Blessing in your Walk.
Recorded Sunday December 20, 2020
On-Demand Access: Your purchase also includes 24/7 lifetime access to the recorded live event with Grandmother Medicine Song through your account on our On-Demand library.
GRANDMOTHER WILL SHARE WITH YOU:
- Ten ideas to consider that may help you clarify what your intentions for the coming year.
- How the Hopi ceremonies flow into each other and what purpose each serve.
- More about the Ceremony called Wuwuchim or New Fire that provides an opportunity to clarify for yourself what you intend to accomplish in the next turn of seasons.
- Experience the wisdom of Hopi and American Indian storytelling.
- How the Hopi and American Indians live in right relations with all Beings and Mother Earth.
- Through practicing the principles of the Hopi and American Indians you will learn to live in harmony with all life.