WINTER SOLSTICE CEREMONY 2023
Sunday December 17. 2023 at 10:30 am (Eastern Time)
Grandmother Medicine Song is inviting our Circling Community to come together and join her LIVE for a Ceremonial teaching on the Winter Solstice.
For the Hopi, the Winter Solstice is called the Soyal time. Soyal is the ceremony practiced by the Hopi that is intended to establish the mood for the coming year. Preparation for Soyal begins the day following the New Fire Ceremony and lasts until the actual Soyal Ceremony (usually around the date of the Winter Solstice).
The arrival of the Soyal at winter solstice opens the Kachina season on Third Mesa every year. The Soyal Kachina emerges from the kiva and walks slowly, as if very old or just awakened from a long sleep. Soyal stumbles and weaves while the people reach out to help him. He sings in a low, weak voice as he sprinkles cornmeal and places pahos at the kiva.
Please join us during this time of Ceremony. Thank you so much for your assistance in this sacred turning of the wheel.
Blessing in your Walk.
Date: Sunday December 17. 2023 at 10:30 am (Eastern Time)
Where: Online through Zoom
Length: 60-90 minutes
Space is limited. Reserve your spot today. Your purchase receipt is confirmation of your registration. Participants will receive an email with link information on how to access the event 24 hours prior the date. Contact us below if you did not receive the email.
On-Demand Access: Your purchase also includes 24/7 lifetime access to the recorded live event with Grandmother Medicine Song through your account on our On-Demand library.
GRANDMOTHER WILL SHARE WITH YOU:
- Ten ideas to consider that may help you clarify what your intentions for the coming year.
- How the Hopi ceremonies flow into each other and what purpose each serve.
- More about the Ceremony called Wuwuchim or New Fire that provides an opportunity to clarify for yourself what you intend to accomplish in the next turn of seasons.
- Experience the wisdom of Hopi and American Indian storytelling.
- How the Hopi and American Indians live in right relations with all Beings and Mother Earth.
- Through practicing the principles of the Hopi and American Indians you will learn to live in harmony with all life.
How To Connect: We will be using Zoom Cloud Meeting for our session.
Your purchase receipt is confirmation of your registration. Participants will receive an email with link information on how to access the event 24 hours prior the date. Contact us if you did not receive the how to join email. Please note: internet access and speakers are required. Zoom can be used on smartphones, tablets, computers or dialing in on a telephone.